Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Valentino surprise


A year after premiering at the Toronto International Film Festival, Valentino The Last Emperor is finally coming out on DVD Sept. 8 (I pre-ordered mine already!)

Last September, I was very fortunate to screen the movie, in the presence of Valentino himself, then party with him and his posse at the after-party, and finally, to cap off a crazy weekend, interview him, his partner Giancarlo and Emperor director, Matt Tyrnauer. That was probably the highlight of my career. How can I top that? Maybe if Karl Lagerfeld gave me a call...

So it goes without saying that if you are a fashion lover, then you must see the documentary.

And now I have some cool news! The team behind the movie, in partnership with Phase 4 Films and Decades Inc. are giving away a vintage Valentino gown! The winner will also receive the DVD.

All you have to do is send an email to valentinodvdcontest@phase4films.com with your name, address, phone number and email by December 31, 2009. You must be at least 21 years old.

Unfortunately this contest is open only to residents of the United States (sorry Canada!)

So fellow Canadians, even though we can't enter the contest, I strongly suggest getting the book Valentino Themes and Variations which has beautiful detailed photos of his couture gowns. It's almost as good as the real thing...right?

1 comment:

mainlymilitary said...

Here, I do not actually imagine it will have effect.