Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lee

I fell in love with Alexander McQueen's designs around the same time I discovered fashion.

Looking back I think it might have been because of McQueen that I came to love fashion so much. It wasn't just because his designs were so wacky and ahead of the curve, but they seemed to match my strange dreams (or nightmares?) about the world; macabre but sensual; insanely beautiful but frightening; a world that I couldn't really put my finger on but knew existed. It was as if he could put everyone's fears and dreams into a collection.

I remember watching his Spring/Summer 2010 collection live through his website. The site crashed because so many people wanted to watch it as well. What I saw almost made me weep. I was so looking forward to his next collection. And the one after that. And the one after that...

To say he was a visionary is an understatement. To say he was a genius; well, that goes without saying. The world is a lot less beautiful now that Lee is no longer here.


Click here to see more of his collections.

Spring 2001

Spring 2002
Fall 2002
Spring 2003
Fall 2003
Fall 2004

Spring 2005

Fall 2005

Spring 2006

Fall 2006

Spring 2007

Fall 2007
Spring 2008
Fall 2008
Resort 2009
Spring 2009
Fall 2009
Spring 2010

3 comments:

Regina said...

Thank you for giving an impression of his "oeuvre".
Must admit that I did not quite know him. Such a genius!

Greetings

Lil

Z-MODE said...

Absolutely stunning! Im my opinion he was a king of fashion! `the runway will never be the same again, so sad :(

StuddedLilly said...

the ultimate fashion genius..he will be missed :/

xo