Monday, November 17, 2008

My dream coats

Every Winter I always dream about coats. It's that time of the year when I have to pack away my lightweight trenches and bust out the wool. Over the years I've collected a few coats; I usually get a new one every year. Last year it was a white wool long coat with buttons down to the navel. I liked how it floated to my side whenever I walked in the wind. This year I bought a fur coat on a whim but there are many other coats that beg to be bought and worn this winter.

I had a conversation with my co-workers today about the value of getting a quality coat. Sure they may be expensive, but in the long run it's better to have one quality coat then a dozen shitty ones, right?

Enter Smythe, a Canadian label that specializes in beautiful coats and jackets. This past summer I interviewed the co-founders and designers of the label when I was lusting after their stunning blazers. Now I'm crazy about their coats.

Here are my favourites:

Boyfriend Blazer
Ok it's not a coat but it would look great in the office or with a sparkly dress, non?

Equestrian Jacket
The patchwork elbows are what make the jacket. I can picture myself hunting in England in this jacket. If I were into hunting.

Equestrian Herringbone Jacket
Again; the patches.

Leather Bomber Jacket
I have just started obsessing over leather jackets. This one is so classic but sexy and a bit rock n rock.

Peacoat in blue
I really like the cut of this jacket, especially at the neck. But really it's that gorgeous tiffany blue that makes it stand out. And I love those big buttons. Just add a dark scarf and you're good to brave the winter.

Peacoat in jade
How many people do you see wearing a coat in jade? Or any clothes in jade for that matter? Such a beautiful colour.

Pinafore Coat
Everyone needs a black, long wool coat in Canada. This one is perfect because it's warm, stylish and comes with a detachable collar.

Waist Coat in teal
Another beautiful colour. I love the cinched waist and the little collar.

6 comments:

rani hindustani said...

I totally have the sparkly dress to go with the boyfriend blazer. nice, ill have to look for one.

i love the herringbone. gorgeous shape.

Tiffany said...

hey! I found your blog from tpf ;] heheh

I loooove Smythe coats!! The ones you posted are gorgeous. I tried on the tiffany blue peacoat at Holt's a couple weeks ago..I fell in love with it.

lla said...

Burberry polo shirt the steady, solid, so many young girls also love it. Speaking of people of a ralph lauren polo, think it a sign of nobility elegant waving in the horse club.spyder jacket in the cold in your winter activities can be easily.columbia jacket it is expensive, but here you do not need to consider the price of it. the north face jacket one of my favorite money, I do not know how many in this world of its fans.
ed hardy clothing
ed hardy clothes
ed hardy shirts
ed hardy t-shirts
ed hardy sunglasses
ed hardy mens
ed hardy womens

lla said...

In preparation for the purchase of a tennis racquetbefore, we must consider your financial ability to bear; On this basis, a further comparison, as far as possible, choose your head tennis racquets. Now a lot of babolat pure drive and more mixed materials, the proportion of mixed-use to control the stiffness of the babolat aeropro drive and the shock-absorbing capacity, the more rigid babolat tennis racket, the swing more powerful force; but the relative resilience of the shock-absorbing capacity and wilson k factor performance of talks on the easier it is for the wrist and elbow injury.
Wholesale Handbags
Cheap Handbags
Womens Handbags
Cheap Purses
Designer Handbags

Eric said...

These coats are beautiful. I love all the colors. The pea coats are gorgeous. I also like the blue at the bottom. It's stunning.

Leather Blazers said...

nice post love reading it.