Saturday, October 25, 2008

My amazing finds

I've been doing a lot of shopping recently, party for fashion week and partly because I need new clothes for winter.

After I picked up my pass for L'Oreal Fashion Week at the Drake, I came across a vintage shop called 69 Vintage. They had amazing clothes: Soft men's leather jackets, military-style coats, poofy dresses, sparkly clutches and other great finds. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but a bomber fur coat caught my eye and I decided to try it on. Now fur is not a look I normally go for. I think it takes a lot of confidence to pull off an all-fur coat (those jackets with fur trims on the collars don't count.) But this was so soft, warm and in excellent condition so I bought it for a bargain of $70. I haven't worn it yet because I'm a bit worried that people will throw things at me so I'm going to wait until it gets colder. But it's magnificent.




My second amazing find is a Elie Tahari black lace cocktail dress I got at Winners for $200. It's stunning. The top has lace detail with a cream lining so you don't see through it. It has a square neck line. The fabric just below the bust is ruched and then the rest of the dress just sits perfectly on the body. It reminds me a bit of Audrey Hepburn.



There are a ton more clothes I bought but I don't have the time to photograph them all so I will list them:

- Dark wash Silver skinny jeans
- H&M vest
- H&M purple taffeta dress
- H&M men's graphic tee
- H&M studded belt
- H&M purple and black tights
- H&M lace skirt and lace top
-Zara men's Superman tee
- Black Danier leather jacket
- DC Comics Batman tee
- Jones New York men's classic white shirt
- GANT navy blue blazer with crest

And I'm sure there is more but I can't remember. And now I'm done shopping for myself for a long, long time.

2 comments:

sarah b. said...

i love that bomber and the dress. both are so chic.

sarah b. said...

Also: I love 69 vintage. there are a couple other great vintage shops in Toronto that I love. I'm so glad you wrote about 69V though. It's one of the best!