Friday, June 20, 2008

Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton documentary

While I was in Paris, I popped by the LV store on the Champs Elysées and while I was too broke to afford a bag, I was able to pop down my last 20 euros on the Marc Jacobs documentary.

This was the first time a camera crew was able to go watch MJ and his crew create a collection for his own label and for Louis Vuitton. It really is incredible to see all the work that goes into making a collection which ends up being shown for a mere 15 minutes down the runway.

The doc also shows us the creative process of how an LV bag is made (a nice treat shows us how the folks at LV came up with the monstrous Tribute bag and how macaroons were an inspiration for another bag.)

Watching Jacobs at work is a pleasure and makes me appreciate the work that goes into making the clothes and the bags.



No comments: