Saturday, June 21, 2008

Walking through Paris


My biggest trouble concerning looking fashionable while traveling is comfortable footwear. When I travel I invariably end up walking a lot: Exploring a city, going to a museum, browsing a boutique...so I knew before I left for France that I would need comfortable footwear but they had to be cute. No sneakers for me.
Well that plan went out the window the day I arrived in Paris. Before the trip, I bought Cole Haan flats with Nike Air "technology" meaning there was a lot of support on the sole like a sneaker. Unfortunately, after hours of searching for my hotel, my bones from my foot up my leg felt like they were breaking. I didn't care how cute they were, I felt like I would permanently damage my feet if I kept wearing them. So I went to a shoe store and bought the first pair of comfortable sneakers I could find and wore them for the rest of the trip. My feet had never felt so good, fashion be damned!

But besides the shoe debacle, I thought I picked out some cute outfits. The weather was perfect, not too hot or too cold. Sunny. I could wear whatever I wanted. During my stay in Paris (I also was in Annecy for a week) I went down the Champs Elysées and visited the Louis Vuitton mothership, the Chanel store on Rue Cambon, Yves Saint Laurent on Rue George V and the Hermes flagship store on Rue Faubourg. It was heaven.





Louis Vuitton flagship store on the Champs Elysées. Three floors of amazing luggage, bags, clothes and shoes.







Hermes flagship store at Rue Faubourg. The theme for the windows display is Indian Summer.




I spot a fuchsia croc Birkin


Alligator Birkin


No comments: