Monday, May 25, 2009

Art and tees

When I was at the mall on the weekend I stopped by some stores to window shop. I wasn't going to go into Bebe because their clothes are ridiculously overpriced but a t-shirt caught my eye. It was a white, long scoop neck t-shirt with a graphic of a fashionable woman.
Now I'm a huge lover of graphic tees so I immediately went into the store to check it out. Turns out, Bebe is doing a collaboration with Biba founder, Barbara Hulanicki.




I think graphic tees are a great way to liven up an outfit. Pair them with jeans, skirts, black leather pants or (if it's long enough) wear as a mini-dress. I like wearing them to work with a schoolboy blazer, jeans and heels. I don't like wearing outfits that are too serious so the graphic tee livens it up and makes it more playful.
And these Bebe ones I would definitely wear going out a night; with long necklaces, a cocktail ring and skinny jeans, hell yeah!
I think graphic tees are a great alternative to the usual party dress. And they're a heck of a lot more comfortable and easy to party in.

But not all graphic tees are great. I was unfortunate enough to notice a grey tee in H&M which was extremely ugly. It's too bad I didn't get a photo of it because it's hard to explain. Picture this: A zebra head on top of a tiger's body. Scary right? H&M has been producing a few unfortunate shirts like this. I call them the "hipster shirts." For some reason people think shirts with imaginary scary animal hybrids are cool. Please avoid!

(kind of like this only scarier)

So in short: Fashion and comic tees are cool, weird animal crossbreeds are not.

2 comments:

WendyB said...

What the heck is going on in that third picture? It looks like wild armpit hair.

Chloe Tejada said...

Hahaha I never thought of it that way but you're absolutely right!