Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Food for thought

As you can tell by the title of this post, I am really hungry. Not just for any ol' food but for macarons (not to be confused with macaroons but I would take those too.)

I started looking up pictures of them to ease the hunger pains and came across some wonderful photos. I think that macarons are some of the most colourful foods. They come in all sorts of vibrant colours: indigo, neon yellow, bright pink and shocking orange.

The more I looked at the photos, the more they reminded me of the Louis Vuitton Fall 09 collection.

The LV collection uses a lot of the same colours as macaroons.

See all the colours here:


And then notice the same colours in the LV collection:



And here:




And here:



Macarons were also used in comparison to Marc Jacobs' LV inspiration in the documentary Marc Jacobs et Louis Vuitton.

Check out the clip:



So how much does food influence fashion? I don't know but I'm sure when designers get hungry, a bit of that hunger seeps into their clothing.

No comments: