Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How I almost got scammed on EBay

Two days ago I posted about a YSL Muse Two bag I really wanted to get. I was following one on Ebay and since I don't know anything about YSL bags, I posted the link on the Purse Forum's authentication thread to get their opinion on whether it was real or fake.

To my disappointment, but relieved, the Purse Forum ladies told me that the bag I wanted was a fake. I had bid on the bag so I was pretty relieved that I didn't win the auction or else I would have been out almost $1,000. But I feel bad that someone else is getting a fake bag and probably doesn't realize it because it's a pretty good fake.

The seller emailed me and told me she could get me the croc version for cheaper than $800 which tipped me off that something fishy was going on- the bag retails for $1900! As soon as she sent me photos I could tell right away that it was fake.

But now I can't find the YSL Muse 2 I want anywhere! The blue one is on overstock.com but they don't accept AMEX and my Visa card has a small credit limit. Maybe this is a sign that I shouldn't be buying any more bags.

If anyone sees a blue croc-embossed YSL Muse 2 please let me know!

2 comments:

WendyB said...

You can report fake bags to eBay and they will take the auctions down. I used to do that all the time with LV bags.

Artstudio Sri Lanka said...

OM software provides organization to a series of tasks that are interdependent. That series of tasks includes receiving orders, billing, shipping label creation, shipment pickup scheduling, accounting, inventory control and others. These tasks introduce, in the ecommerce business, a difficulty factor and a plethora of details that can sink even the most determined entrepreneur. The decision to streamline those tasks is related to the pain threshold of the business owner and to the need to improve the bottom line. That pain threshold is usually about six pieces of shipping each day. Learn more with List Easy