Friday, April 11, 2008

Natalia! Vogue! Testino!


I am obsessed with fashion magazines. I am also (almost) obsessed with model Natalia Vodianova. So when I found out that Natalia was going to be on the cover of British Vogue and shot by one of my favorite photographers, Mario Testino, I almost died of fashion-obsession overload.

I know there are a lot of people who aren't fans of Natalia. Unfortunately for those people, I will never be their friend. Natalia intrigues me not just because she has a beautiful, haunting face, but her personality is so endearingly sweet and her life story is a real-life rags-to-Cinderella.

Natalia grew up in the Russian industrial town, Nizhni Novgorod, where she helped her mother sell fruits and vegetables in a street market. Her family was very poor but when she started going to the local theatre group she met a modeling scout from Paris. The scout told her to learn English (she did) and he took her to Paris and she is now one of the top models in the world. But her story doesn't end there! She also met Justin Portman, an English aristocrat and one of the wealthiest men in Britain. She has given birth to three children and she still has the body of a 16-year-old waif. Jealous yet?

The issue also features a spread of Jessica Stam and Siri Tollerod. But who cares about them? (Sorry Stam and Siri lovers)

I also have included a video of Natalia from Style.com just to show you how awesome she is! We want her on more covers!



So here is the gorgeous Natalia on the cover of the May 2008 British Vogue. No need to thank me. (Photo: The Fashion Spot)

No comments: