Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Questing for a little magazine known as Italian Vogue


The magazine store clerk on Yonge and St. Clair knows my name. For the past two weeks I drop by the store during my lunch to check to see if the fabled "Black Issue" has hit the stands. Alas, no such luck.
I've only ever bought one issue of Italian Vogue because I find that $45 is a wee bit too much to pay for a magazine but this July issue is not just your typical fashion mag. This is the collector's issue of all collector's issues. Reports say that in New York, the issue sold out across the city on the first day it hit the stands.
The clerk told me that he gets at least a dozen people a day asking him if the mag has come in yet. He gives me a little annoyed look whenever I walk into the store and says "Not yet, not yet."
When I ask him if he knows when the issue will be in, he sighs, shrugs and mumbles "I don't know. This week. Sometime."
So today when I get my lunch, I'm going to stop by the magazine store and take a quick peak to see if it's there.

Update: No luck today either. Sigh.

No comments: