Friday, July 18, 2008

Review: Max Chernitsov F/W 2008


This was the first show I saw that combined female and male models. These guys weren't your typical blond, tall Burberry waif that you normally see; no these men were stocky, fairly short, slim at the hips but muscular. I was able to sit in the front row again (I got lucky) and got to see a bit too much of the models's, um, packages.

Max Chernitsov
is an emerging designer from Moscow whose designs are very young, playful, erotic and very beautiful. It was refreshing to see such a fun but well-constructed collection.
And for those of you who can't read the Russian on his site, check out his MySpace page where you can find more pics from his other collections.

Here is the first part of the review:

Max Chernitsov F/W 2008 Collection

When I went backstage after the Evan Biddell show in search of an interview, I noticed models with strangely thick eyebrows à la Frida Kahlo. I wondered if I was missing out on the latest trend but it turns out they were part of the Max Chernitsov show.

Read the rest of the review here.

(Photos: Canadian Press)





1 comment:

www.santa-cruz-3d.com said...

So, I do not really consider it may have success.