Monday, September 29, 2008

Fell in love with Balmain

Call it rock 'n roll trashy chic. Kate Moss meets Keith Richards. This is the first collection where I have wanted every single piece of clothing presented. And those shoes. Those shoes are rock star shoes. All spiky and shimmery and metal.
The jackets are perfectly tailored; a bit military mixed in with vintage Michael Jackson; damaged and frayed jeans are back; bright bandage wrapped dresses look new again. Never has the 80s looked so good.
Christophe Decarnin has created the ultimate party-girl look and I can't wait to see people wearing these clothes and the clothes inspired by this collection. What a great way to start Paris Fashion Week!

Michael Jackson in his Thriller days. Do you think it's ok to wear ripped jeans to work? I declare it the new uniform.

I like the stiff, wide shoulders; they aren't like the massive padded shoulders we saw in the 80s power suits.

Hervé Leger has nothing on these bandage dresses.

This one reminds me of our muscles; all twisted about and stretched.

Gotta love a train. This would be a hot wedding dress, no?

The lace trend is still going strong.

Deconstructed leather and ripped jeans are next season's official look.

The colour makes me swoon. And that belt is gorgeous.

2 comments:

sarah b. said...

LOVED this collection. This will be the definition of my Spring 09 wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

Ooh I'm in love...! I WANT IT ALL! X