Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Prada S/S 09: All crumpled up

I was really looking forward to the Prada show, seeing as how the last two seasons have been so trend-setting and came out with beautiful bags (ie. the fairy bag and the lace bag.) So I was excited to see what bags Miuccia came up with.
Unfortunately I didn't like the bags very much. They were scrunched up nylon and leather handbags with pull-ties on the sides. Some of them were very crinkly and had random pieces of leather sticking out from the sides. The effect was rather messy but maybe I have to see it in person to appreciate it. I do like the idea of having a crinkled bag but I don't think the result was beautiful. Compared to the art that was the fairy bag, these ones look like leftovers.
However there was one stand-out piece: a snake skin clutch with a long handle was gorgeous.





(Photos: Style.com)

No comments: