Wednesday, September 10, 2008

TIFF fashion

The Toronto International Film Festival has attracted lots of celebs who have been boozing, partying, DJ-ing, texting and dining. But even though the film fest is considered to be the place to get your movie noticed for the Oscars, the glamour factor is sub par compared to Cannes and even Venice. Remember Anne Hathaway's Versace extravanga? In Toronto she really tones it down with a simple black 50s number. I haven't been wowed by any of the dresses I have seen. It's tragic. Why are they all so plain? Are they saving it for the Globes?

Jennifer Hudson
I never liked anything Hudson wore, ever since André Leon Talley got his Vogue claws into her. I'm sorry to say this but she looks like a bumblee bee. The dress is just not flattering on her. I would have preffered something more form-fitting with some va-va-voom. Here she looks frumpy.

Anne Hathaway
She must have used up all her glamour power in Venice because this cocktail dress is no stunner. But the shoes make up for it.

Keira Knightley
She looks nice when she smiles. I hate it when she sucks in her bony cheeks because it makes her look old. She puts a twist on the schoolgirl look with the pleated green skirt. It's young and not overdone.


Keira Knightley
She is sucking her cheeks in all the other photos at the premiere of The Duchess and I couldn't bear to use them because she doesn't look healthy. Here, she looks quasi-normal. See what I mean about the plain dresses? All of the celebs must have gotten together before the fest and made a pact not to wear anything that will upstage the other. This dress is elegant but yawn.


Jennifer Aniston
She looks hot. Too bad Brad didn't run into her. That would have been awkward.


Kate Beckinsale and Vera Farmiga
Vera outshines Kate completely. Not just because of the tummy. The red is a perfect shade on her and the bust is sexy. Kate is boring.

Jessica Biel
Yaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnn. I want me some Timberlake.

No comments: