Friday, September 12, 2008

New York Fashion Week S/S 09: Zac Posen

I have been obsessed with Zac Posen's super-feminine dresses for a while now, and the Sex and the City movie, where all the girls (minus Carrie) wore Posen for their bridesmaid dresses, increased my fanaticism.

This collection had a bit more edge and rock and roll with the slicked back high hair, the layered, long earrings and the navel-grazing necklaces.
But the clothes also had a more tough edge to contrast the pink femininity.

There were flirty pink silk mini dresses with suede pink motorcycle jackets. A sparkly metallic bronze mini dress was a standout and looked so fun and rock and roll.

There was a lot of beading with African-like patterns on dresses with padded waists. And of course there were flowing gowns, which are his specialty, with leopard prints, and dresses with large hips that would make Marie Antoinette comfortable.

So many great red carpet looks; I can't wait to see how they translate in real life.

And what about that bag?? I am craving it with all my being!


I love the intricate beading on this dress. The padded waist is very trendy but I don't see how real people can wear it. Hopefully the pads come out. It would look great on Keira Knightley in a period movie.


Posen shows that pink can be punk. The suede motorcycle jacket is gorgeous.


Can't you picture a modern Marie Antoinette in this?

I wanted to show you guys a close-up of the makeup and the earrings. I dare anyone to wear purple lipstick.



Normally I find leopard overkill if it's on a dress rather than an accesorry, but the colours are more muted so they aren't harsh.



Glam diva!


I have to have this bag.

Coco is such a pro at working the runway.


(Photos: Getty Images)

No comments: