Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mama's got a brand new bag


Last night after work I headed down to Yorkville to troll the streets for celebrities here for TIFF. I wasn't interested in Brad Pitt so much as Gerard Butler and his sexy accent. So I wandered Bloor St. and decided to head into some shops that I figured celebrities would likely shop at.
First stop...Louis Vuitton. Of course. I was the only one in the store but as soon as people started coming in, I stared at them to see if I recognized them. Unfortunately no one famous came in the store but I got talking to a sales associate and I realized that I couldn't walk out of there without anything. Bad reason, I know. So I ended up buying the Damier Speedy 30, the bag that made me fall in love with Louis Vuitton but I always put off buying.

After the purchase, I tried to pop by Prada, Chanel and Hermès but they were closed. I then headed to Holt Renfrew and it looked like they were setting up for a party so I headed in and asked sales associates if they knew what was going on. I guess I asked the wrong people because they apparently didn't have a clue. Checked out some more bags, lots of stuff on sale including two gorgeous Bottega Veneta bags that were 30% off, lots of Coach, some Marc Jacobs, Tory Burch and Balenciaga. Go quick before they disappear! There was also the very cute Miu Miu bow bag in grey, but it wasn't on sale.

So even though I didn't see any celebs, it was still a (shopping) success. And my friends at work saw Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson at the CTV ETalk party last night so I feel that I saw them too. Six degrees of separation people!


I look rather scary here because my hair is wet from the shower I just took and the lighting is creepy even though it's still day outside.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

I love how much you can fit in a Speedy. Seriously, you can practically go away overnight with what you can squeeze in there!