Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I die" over Rachel Zoe


I have found my new obsession: The Rachel Zoe Project. The show premiered on Tuesday but I didn't get to watch it till today. And holy crap I love it. Rachel is so different on tv than the media portrays her. She's funny, she's girly, she has amazing style and best of all, she is passionate about fashion.

I think one of the best parts of the show is how crazy she gets when she finds a dress or bag or jewelry that she just has to buy no matter what the cost. It's fun to watch her go shopping for herself and for her celeb clients. You get to see gorgeous one-of-a-kind designer dresses like Valentino and Zac Posen and you get taken for a shopping trip to Decades, the best vintage store in the world, where Zoe picks up her third Birkin (which she calls a "Birk.")

But the other stars of the show are her two assistants, Taylor and Brad. Taylor is a stressed-out mess who takes out her frustration on newly-hired, ex-Vogue intern Brad, who dresses like he just came out of a Lacoste ad every day. Poor Brad gets yelled at when he's not getting the silent treatment from Taylor.

Also, Zoe's husband/"business manager" Rodger is in the show. His role is reduced to telling his wife that she shouldn't spend so much money.

We also learn that Zoe is thinking about branding her name into a line of accessories, perfume, home and clothing lines. So basically she would be selling bug glasses, caftans and 8-inch high heels but I'm sure they would look fierce.

I think what I love most about the show is how young Zoe seems even though she's been working in fashion for 15 years. She is still in love with her job after all this time and squeals like a girl getting her first designer bag whenever she sees something she likes. It's fun to watch and I can't wait to see more!

Click here to see the preview.

3 comments:

WendyB said...

I know someone who occasionally works with her who says Rachel is one of the hardest working people she's ever met. I know people give Rachel a lot of crap, but the one person I know who has spent a lot of time with her has a very good impression.

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm one of those people who has given her crap as Wendy B says. I just don't dig her personal style. But after reading your review, she sounds like she could be a sweet girl.

Maybe I'll watch. Damnit! I hate it when I'm wrong about someone.

Chloe Tejada said...

I know that a lot of people don't like her personal style and I admit I'm not a huge fan of the oversized sunnies and the sack dreses but she knows her stuff and not all of her clients dress like her. You guys should watch it! It's on Tuesdays at 10pm on Bravo.
She really is a lot of fun to watch.