Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fan Expo 2008 aka the highlight of my life because I met Edward James Olmos

Me and Rorschach!

So today I can die a happy woman because I met Edward James Olmos (Bill Adama from Battlestar Galactica) and Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek) at the Fan Expo in Toronto.
I attended three celebrity question and answer periods featuring Spiner, Olmos along with Aaron Douglas (Chief from Battlestar Galactica) and finally Sean Astin (Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings.) It was beyond cool seeing my favorite TV and movie actors in person. I got to sit right up at the front with my borrowed press pass and took lots of photos. Brent even gave my friend props!
The great thing about these actors is that they are so personable and approachable and are really grateful to be there and truly love their fans.
After the Q&As I went to the autograph line to meet Olmos, and while I couldn't afford $60 for an autograph we did chat for a few minutes and he almost cried when we talked about the end of the series which made me almost cry.
Anyways, I took a bunch of photos of the people dressed up as their favorite animé/sci-fi/comic book/horror hero. Some of the pics (like one of me with Rorscharch) are on another camera so I'll be posting those later. The amount of time these people must have taken to put together their costumes is incredible because they were so detailed and true to the character.
(Photos copyright Chloe Tejada)


And even though this isn't fashion related, a couple of pics of my heroes for anyone who is interested:

Edward James Olmos

Aaron Douglas

Brent Spiner

Sean Astin



Update: Here's a video of Olmos speaking at the Fan Expo Q&A:


4 comments:

lla said...

Anothre set of ralph lauren polo in three colors. Burbrery Polo Shirts come with a graduation of colors on the chest. The new shiki Cheap polo shirts logo is on the chest. Comes in all layres and can be worned tucked in or out wholesale polo shirts. Also comes with sculpted collar and arm cuffs.Flat knit collar, Contrast placket and half moon, Mothre-of-pearl buttons and tennis tail, Soft double knit piqué,100% cotton ralph lauren polo shirts. If you lend your embroidrere a sample cheap ralph lauren polos that will help you get the closest match to the original embroidreed design. The artwork you provide will sreve as a template for your embroidrey set-up but discount ralph lauren polos can't be used to identify some stitch types, give precise sizing of embroidreed elements and show thread polo clothing colors.

lla said...

What prince-o3-tour would be bettre in my opinion would be to remove the wrist straps and the skin, and instead make it a 2 babolat pure drive, 2 stereing wheels, 1 baseball bat and 1 golf club. Still, this package is great value for your money. When my wife informed me that Emporio Armani was now pushing its own signature wilson k six, the EA7, I’ve got to admit, I was intrigued. Italian designres producing tennis rackets? How fashion forward of thstrong. I love it. head microgel is style and preformance at cheap tennis racquets best. Haute couture meets the hard courts.

lla said...

Womens Handbags is one of most popular designer bags brand all over the world. The following line is available in different nice looking and charming colors, also in favorable price. These knock off designer handbags are designed to cater for fashion and elegant ladies. I very much like the cheap purses, but it is very cheap handbags. Made of high-grade leather, light weight. Wholesale Handbags are the words the overall appearance of the color brown.
ralph lauren polo
burberry polo shirt
the north face jacket
columbia jacket
spyder jacket

lla said...

ed hardy clothes Highlights of the composition and color-rich design, simple lines so that ed hardy t-shirts has become a pleasure to look at, but the Ed Hardy-rich products, such as, ed hardy clothing people ed hardy sunglasses and look forward to the next ed hardy shirts changing the color of the years. ED HARDY personality patterns in order to attract the ed hardy mens and ed hardy womens .
babolat pure drive
babolat aeropro drive
wilson k factor
head tennis racquets
babolat tennis racket