Monday, August 18, 2008

How did I miss this? Karl Lagerfeld as Lil Wayne!


The Sept. issue of Harper's Bazaar features designers dressing up and posing as their fantasy person. The Kaiser chose Lil Wayne, saying: "Believe it or not, I love rap." How fabulous is that? Karl still wears his infamous sunnies and gloves but instead of bow ties and tails, he's decked out in a loose tee, Phat Farm jeans and (gasp!) untied shoelaces.

Giorgio Armani puts on his dancing shoes as Fred Astaire while Michael Kors posed as James Stewart as L.B. Jeffries in Hitchcock’s Rear Window.
Other designers who participated include Donna Karan, Donatella Versace, Alessandra Facchinetti, Alber Elbaz, Rodarte’s Laura and Kate Mulleavy and Roberto Cavalli.

Now if only my issue would come in the mail...I'm still waiting!
(Photos: Trendhunter.com)

Michael Kors as James Stewart in Rear Window

2 comments:

sarah b. said...

i wanted to write about this as well, but I couldn't find any photos of the editorial on the internet, and my scans looked so bad!

www.mueblescebreros.com said...

It cannot have effect in reality, that is what I consider.