Monday, August 18, 2008

Waiting for Godot: A magazine subscriber's misery


Don't you hate it when you subscribe to a magazine and it ends up on newsstands before you get it in the mail? I certainly do. Waiting for the September issues is excruciating because you know that what lies inside is fashion heaven. I have been waiting for this year's Sept. Vogue, Elle and Harper's Bazaar since last September. Seeing them on the newsstands and not being able to flip through them is probably one of the most difficult choices I make every day when I pass by Real Canadian News stores on my way to work. There's Keira Knightley, Tyra Banks and (ugh) Jessica Simpson staring and laughing at me. I guess it's because I'm in Canada that I get these U.S. publications late but if the Canadian newsstands can get them before a subscriber does, then something is wrong.
For the past two weeks I have been constantly checking my mailbox, hoping to see a fat wad of magazine sticking out. No such luck. Tomorrow, it will be the same routine all over again.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

That drives me crazy! Marie Claire does seem to manage to get magazines to subscribers before it hits the newsstand.