Saturday, August 23, 2008

Quick update: Fan expo!

Yesterday I went downtown to the Fan Expo at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The costumes were beyond crazy cool and I got the chance to take a few pics. I'll be going again tomorrow so I'll post all the pics when I get back. There was a very authentic-looking Rorschach from the graphic novel, Watchmen, a couple of bad guys from Resident Evil, lots of Trekkies and even more animé characters milling about. I picked up "The Killing Joke" and I hope I can get it signed by the artist, Brian Bolland. Star Trek's Data (Brent Spiner) was there signing autograph for a massive lineup of fans. Battlestar Galactica's Edward James Olmos (Bill Adama) was also there (charging $60 for an autograph!) as was BSG's Chief (Aaron Douglas.)
But the costumes was what really made the event a real spectacle. Every step I took I would point and shout with glee at a person dressed as a character I love.
Tomorrow I'm going to sit in on the Q&As with Spiner, Olmos and Lord of the Rings's Sean Astin (Samwise Gamgee.) Hopefully I can score a couple of autographs without shelling out my bag budget.
I can't wait to show you guys the pics!

No comments: